Tuesday, May 6, 2008

What an incredible experience ....

Tonight we had the prayer chain here at the Dull residence. It was such an inspiring night, with family and friends gathering to say prayers and share words of inspiration with Derrick and the family. It was a great turnout and we were all glad to have Dave come and lead us all in prayer. Those of you who couldn't make it, we felt your presence and warm thoughts! It was so nice to hear the scriptures that were read and to hear other people's struggles that they have overcame. We were also able to meet some of Dave's friends who shared some inspiring words. I am sure that God was present with us, as we had some of his best servants here with us tonight. After the prayer time, as a group we decided that continual prayer for Derrick would be great, but that we would also try to say a prayer for Derrick each afternoon at 4:00. I invite you all who are interested to join us in this time of prayer for healing for Derrick that his body remains free of leukemia and he can get to Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center for a successful transplant with a speedy recovery!

Derrick and I often talk about how blessed we really are. We have received so much support, kind thoughts, and prayers. We are truly blessed to have all of you in our lives and we are so thankful for that! Even though we don't always get to thank you individually we appreciate the cards, blog messages,phone calls, and emails. You all have definitely helped make this process a little easier.

I thought I'd end this blog entry with a short story that I shared with those who attended the prayer meeting tonight. About a year ago Derrick and I went to my grandmother's church one Sunday. This particular day at church sticks out in my mind, because immediately after his sermon, the pastor walked over to Derrick and said I don't know you, but God wants me to tell you that you are going to do something great. I can't think of anything better than Derrick beating this and going on to share his faith, love, and blessings with all those around him!!!!

- Mindy

Give thanks to the Lord and proclaim his greatness. Let the whole world know what he has done.
Psalm 105:1

That night God appeared to Solomon in a dream and said, " What do you want? Ask, and I will give it you you!"
2 Chronicles 1:7

" I will praise you during this storm" - some inspirational lyrics from a song brought to the prayer night by a very good friend. Derrick felt this explained his situation well.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Derrick! Sorry I didn't get to make it to the prayer chain the other night at your house - but you are always in my thoughts. It was so good to see you the other night (it seems like its been forever). You looked great! My family and I are constantly thinking of you and praying for you! Talk to you soon.

Anonymous said...

Derrick, Mindy, Donna and Jim:
Last night at the prayer service was such an inspiration to us. You could just feel the love, support and prayers from those that attened and those who could not but were there in Spirit. At the prayer service, for me, it was the closest I have ever felt that the Lord Jesus Christ and his mother Mary were in our presence. Our prayers are always with you and your family and especially at 4:00 everyday. God Bless You.
Janet and Jim Hagey

Anonymous said...

Hey Derrick
This is Ashley Scheirer (Wilson)...Marc Thompson and one of my managers at Javateas are trying to organize a benefit night here at Javateas in June! It was so great to see so many people at Isaacs and we would love to help in any way we can! Marc said he would work out the details, just wanted you to know we are fighting for you and praying for you every step of the way!

May 8, 2008 8:36 AM