Monday, December 22, 2008

Derrick's Foundation...

Hi.... Many of people have talked to me recently about ways they can help out, so I wanted to update everyone on what is going on. After the first of the year, I will be setting up a non profit organization which will take a little time to get processed out. In the meantime I will be working with other organizations and doing fundraisers in Derrick's name. My friends are having a beef and beer benefit in Philadelphia at the end of January and I will provide more information as I have it. the money raised for this will go towards purchasing chemo ducks for cancer patients. These ducks are for children to help show them the kinds of treatment they will be undergoing. they are an amazing tool. I just wanted to let people know to keep checking here for updates, until I have Derrick's website up and running. Once again, thank you everyone for everything. I can't say enough about the friends and family that we all have. I hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday.


- Mindy

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear mindy,
it was great to see you and the rest of the dull's last evening! we will continue to check this website till you have derrick's up and running! it sounds so exciting what all you are doing. you are one amazing chick!!!! we wish you a very merry christmas with your family and we pray that you have comfort and peace!! derrick's name and memory and legacy will always live on because of all that you continue to do. we love you, mike and nancy p.s. we will set a date up with you in the new year for us to visit and have a dinner with you!!

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
My husband, Rick, went to high school with Jim, so we've known Jim and Donna for years. In fact, Jim was in our wedding 22 years ago. We lost contact for a while, but reconnected last year. Rick and I checked the blog regularly, and we were truly impressed with the bravery, strength and love you and Derrick showed every single day.
If you ever need help publicizing the foundation you're establishing in Derrick's name, please let me know. Rick and I have a writing business in Lancaster. If you need writing support for things like the Web site, press releases or other publicity, I'd love to help you out on a volunteer basis.
Sincerely,
Marylee Sauder
maryleesauder@comcast.net

Anonymous said...

just wanted to stop by and Merry Christmas to everybody. Times may be tough for you right now but we have to make the best of everything. My grandmother past away in October so we wont have her around for the holidays either but i know that this year she is celebrating christmas with the lord and will be with us in our hearts and so will Derrick. I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Mindy.

Love, The Hagey's

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Mindy! I was hoping that you would be putting together an organization in memory of Derrick. I work at Universal Athletic Club in the Women's Weight Loss Center and would love to in the New Year do a fund raiser. Just let me know more details. I wish you the most joyous holiday season and pray for your strength everyday. You have the most amazing faith in God and are a true testimony to others!

Kelly Fry
kellyf@universalathleticclub.com

One Mother with Cancer said...

Mindy,

That is such a wonderful idea...

I also wanted to thank you for your kind words of encouragement.

I hope you have a peaceful, and Merry Christmas.

April

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
I know this is a hard time for you right now, but I hope you enjoy your holiday and have a Merry Christmas! Keep in touch!

Miranda Furr

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Mindy, Jim, Donna and Marcy and your extended families. You are all in our prayers. We are here to help in any way we can! God Bless You. Derrick will live on in our hearts forever!!! Much love, the Harmes'

Donna Lauffer said...

Mindy,
It was a great shock to hear of Derek's passing. It was obvious seeing you together that you shared a great love for each other. While he is no longer here on earth with us, he will live on in our memories of him. I know he is very proud of the way you are continuing the battle against this horrible disease in his name. You are not alone in your grief and will continue to be in my prayers. I hope to be able to talk with you again in the future and appreciate the time we spent together at Sloan and Hope Lodge.

Donna

Anonymous said...

Dearest Mindy,
You have been in my thoughts and prayers every day since I learned of Derrick's sudden passing. He was a very special student of mine as a teacher at EAHS and my heart is broken for your loss. I continue to read your blogs and want to do whatever I can to help with your continuation of Derrick's memory. The love and devotion that you shared with Derrick was truly an inspiration and a testimony of faith. He will never be forgotten and will live on through our tears, memories and prayers forever. Ms. Drybred

Anonymous said...

Dear Mindy & the Dull family - I hope the peace and beauty of the Christmas season surrounded you. I look forward to the new year and hope you do to. It will bring new opportunities to heal and to honor Derrick's memory by helping others who are struggling.
God Bless!
BIGGIE