Sunday, April 5, 2009

Half Marathon

Me... a lil tired after the race...


Just wanted to let everyone know that today I finished my first half marathon! It was definitely tiring. I really wish someone would have told me about all those hills!!!!! I ran with a friend from college and we finished in 2 hours and 1 minute which is pretty good considering the hilly terrain. I have a lot more training until the marathon on May 31st! If you check the marathon fundraising website, you will see I am at 117% of my goal! If you don't see your name listed under the Thanks section, it is because you wrote your check out to me or paid in cash. I had to write one big check out from my account for all cash and personal checks. I still have 165 to send in, plus the $80 registration I paid to join isn't listed but goes towards my total, so this means I am within like $200 of my $5,000 goal. Thanks again everyone for supporting my marathon. We have dates set for the Fight On 5K in Ephrata (July 25th), The 5K in Milton ( June 20th), and the Golf Tournament (June 27th). As far as fundraising for the foundation is concerned these will be the yearly ones we will have. It has been kind of crazy here in the early stages with the marathon, chemo ducks, and beef and beer benefit, but that will all settle down and the foundation will focus on these yearly. Also, some people have expressed interest in settign up their own fundraiser sint heir hometowns, which I am totally ok with too. But just wanted to let you knwo the three the foundation will be doing, just so everyone doesn't get bogged down with events!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter!!!!!

Mindy :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WAY TO GO MINDY GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that must have been quite an accomplishment for you. you look a little pooped in the picture. what a great time!!!! keep up the good work. we will all be cheering you on from here and are very proud of you!! derrick must be so proud of you, too!!!!!! please tell your mom for me that i am a little perturbed at her since she out bid me on that cool jewelry!!!! just kidding, i love your mom!!!! have a blessed easter!!!!!!!!!!! love you, m and n p.s. we had a wonderful time at the dinner/dance!!

Lauren said...

CONGRATS!!!! That is absolutely fantastic! So much strength physically and mentally - what a HUGE accomplishment - what a wonderful milestone (no pun intended ;)

Now on to the full marathon - from my little knowledge of running, i'd say if you did the half in 2:01 you will be GOLDEN for the full marathon. You kicked that half marathon's butt, girl! BEST OF LUCK with your training and all you are doing with the foundation. Please let me know if there is anything I can do or rally down here in the not-so-sunny South! (It's been RAINING and RAINING!)

Much love!

Anonymous said...

Bless you Mindy! Derrick is looking down on you and is so very proud of all your accomplisments!! Chris and I are too.......keep on fighting the good fight! Much love, Chris and Lori

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have to give you credit. You are working hard. You're doing good work for a good cause and I commend you Mindy. The world is a better place with you in it. Derrick would be so proud. You continue to be in my prayers. I know that the hard work and keeping busy helps. But I know you still have daily struggles and I will be praying that these get easier each day as I know they will from my own experiences. Take care. Leisa

Lengy A.(Martinez)Slaughter said...

Hey..Mindy..I know this is a lil late to say..but my deepest condolences about Derrick. I went to the same High School as He did. I had only now found out about his passing from his cousin's wife, Allison Williams.