Sunday, February 15, 2009

Updates, News, and Prayer requests...

I hope everyone had a good weekend and a great Valentine's Day!!! I wanted to update everyone on some great news, a man who signed up to join the bone marrow at my drive last May got called to be a bone marrow donor for someone!!!!! I also wanted to ask for your prayers for two families I have been following who have been touched by cancer. The first one is a little boy named Hudson who has neuro blastoma. The cancer keeps spreading so now they are trying experimental treatment. I believe he is only three years old. The other one is a young man named Matt, whom Derrick and I became friends with in NYC. He had his transplant a week before Derrick. He is having some complications and has to start chemo again. Please keep both Hudson and Matt and their families in your thoughts and prayers. I also wanted to let you know that along with Delaware, the state of West Virgina is now covered with chemo ducks in honor or Derrick Dull!!!! Thanks everyone for your support. I still have more ducks, so I will be picking up another hospital in another state. I also wanted to pass along my website for my team in training marathon site. Check it out! I am still taking orders for shirts, hoodies,and wristbands! Have a great week everyone! http://pages.teamintraining.org/cpa/rnr09/mdull

Lots of love!

Mindy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear mindy,
we will definitely keep matt and hudson and their families in our prayers!!!! way to go with delaware and west virginia! and now on to what state next? how's the training going? i am doing the biggest loser at the ephrata rec. so i am sort of in training also only not for a marathon. it feels like it though at some of our workouts. i am on a team with liz lyons, el lewis, and teri hess. we are having lots of fun but it is also VERY HARD!!! i guess as the weight drops off and i get in better shape it should get a bit easier!!! i'll think of you when we are running up stairs, doing squats and lunges, plus lifting heavy weights!!! you will be some of my inspiration!!! keep the faith mindy and keep on keepin on!!FIGHT ON AGAINST LEUKEMIA!!! love you, nancy p.s. say hello to my twin aunt for me plez

Anonymous said...

Mindy,

Thanks for your mention of me in the blog! Just to let you know, this chemo is supposed to be preventative against lymphoma caused by the active epstein-barr virus. Hopefully the PET scan will look clean on Monday. I have 4 more treatments, 1 / week for the next 4 weeks. Good luck training, you are doing so much good work!

Matt