Monday, March 30, 2009

Marathon Benefit Update!!!! Woo Hoo!!!!


Thank you so much to everyone who donated and attended the marathon benefit dance. It was more than a success. Thanks to the generosity of all of you, my grand total including the benefit and my online donations brings me to $ 4570!!!!! That means I met my race goal.....BUT.... I am not stopping there, since this is probably my only fundraiser for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society (since the Foundation will support families with cancer, not organizations), I want to go out with a bang! I am going to try to raise $5,000!!!!! I am running a half marathon on Sunday with my friend from college. This week I am also meeting with the family we purchased furniture for, to take pictures of the man and his family. I talked to his wife today and they love their new furniture. Mike especially like the new recliner, because it is often difficult for him to be comfortable since his leg amputation. Also, please continue to keep praying for Judi Sweigart, but please keep praying for her and her family's strength during her recovery!!!!!! Just finished the bylaws today for the Foundation, so we keep moving forward. I will keep everyone updated on upcoming events. You are all so wonderful!!!!! Lots of Love!

Mindy :)

2 comments:

Beverly said...

I'm so proud of you! You're the bomb!!!!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME!!!!!! we had a great time at the benefit!!!! thanks for all that you did!! love ya, m and n