Hello loyal blog readers, this is Marcy. Today Derrick started his 2nd round of chemo which he will be receiving twice a day every other day. Mindy and him had to go into Hershey today for his first dose of chemo, but from here on out (until the last day of treatment), he will be receiving his chemotherapy from the comfort of our home (and has the luxury of having his parents, me, and Mindy at his beckon call!). He is able to move around the house and do things while receving treatment because there is just a small pump that is administering the chemo through his picc line in his bicep. Tonight, when Derrick's nurse was over, she was trying to listen to his lungs but we were reciting movie lines and he couldn't keep from laughing. She was a good sport though and waited until we were through with our jokes to have a second listen.
I will be home until Sunday and there isn't any other place in the world I'd want to be then at home with my family! Its refreshing to see Derrick and Mindy enjoying themselves and being able to do things that they weren't able to do the last few weeks. Derrick's spirits are still very high and that will be to his benefit the next few weeks because they might be tough. But, now that he is an engaged man and all, he has no fear!
Check the Ephrata Review for an article about Derrick tomorrow!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Hey! I haven't posted for a while, but I have been reading! I send my best wishes to Derrick and Mindy as they start the next step in their journey of life. From what I've seen, they will have the same kind of loving relationship that we all grew up knowing with our parents. All of my friends and coworkers are asking for updates on how Derrick is doing. I will you tell you that I have set a goal for myself to be down to an acceptable weight in the next few weeks to qualify to be a donor. I just hope I'm not too late if I'm a match for Derrick. I've got 9 lbs to go and it should only take me 3 weeks to lose them. I'll be baking this weekend if you guys have any requests let me know ASAP.
im so happy to hear that things are going smoothly for the most part. derrick, you and mindy and ur family are continually in my thoughts and prayers. your spirit is so contagious and that is why i have decided to venture to hershey tomorrow and have my cheek swabbed in hopes that i am a match, primarily for you, but for anyone in need of a second chance. your hope is such an inspiration to me and hopefully for many others. my fingers are crossed for a miracle to come from all of this!
<3 ellen
Tim & I are going tomorrow to see if we are a match. Hopefully we can help you or someone else. You are always in our prayers.
Craig
Hey Derrick:
I shipped the Playstation and some games yesterday. You should get it on Monday via UPS. I will bring more games down in 2 weeks - we have a ton of them. I'm thinking of you! Be strong!
Love,
Aunt Moley
Derrick and Mindy,
So happy to hear about your engagement. Your love for each other has been your shining star through all of this.It is the kind of love I am sure will last a life time. Derrick good luck with this next round of chemo. Keep your wonderful positive thoughts and pray often. We love you all!
Julie
Post a Comment