Today Mindy and I got out of the house and went to see a movie at the Penn Cinemas in Lititz, what a cool new movie theatre, there were about 5 other people watching Vantage Point with us. It felt great to get out of the house and actually be able to do a normal activity. I felt great all day today, I still get a little tired in the evenings and usually take a nap but other than that I feel awesome. I see my Doctor on Monday and will receive a lot of information about what lies in the months to come.
Thank you to everyone who has kept me in your thoughts and prayers. The generosity that my family and I have received is wonderful. I am asking that you extend your thoughts and prayers to another family in need. A good friend of mine Lisa Shirk informed me that her grandson has a rare genetic disorder and will be undergoing some significant treatments. Please add four year old Benjamin to your prayers. Thank you and I hope everyone has a great weekend!
Derrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
So glad you got to go out. Best wishes for your next doc meeting.
"Pray your prayers, then stand back and watch God work."
Julie C
Hey Derrick. Just wanted to say hi again. I'm so glad that you are doing good. I check this site everyday to get updates on you. Continue to stay strong and you will get through this.
It's such a beautiful thing to hear how well you are doing and how strong you continue to be! You are a true inspiration who has touched many people through this challenge you are facing. Look to Him. Love you!
Derrick,
We are Lycoming all cheering you on. I am on the marrow donor registry. Maybe it will be!
Dr. Bonita Kolb
Derrick,
You can see I am new to this blogging world and did not proof my comments. (Which is very bad considering all the grief I give my students here at Lyco about not proofing!)
I meant to say that perhaps it will be me that has matching marrow.
Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers. Stay strong and keep fighting. Your story is an inspiration to myself as well as many people. I know my mom is also thinking about you. I don't know if she has mastered the whole blogging thing yet, but I am sending you her thoughts a long with my own.
Kate Petcavage
Post a Comment