Hello all, sorry for not posting in a few days my good friend from college Michael was visiting the past 2 days and Mindy and I were at our apt. before that. We are actually getting ready to head back up there today and stay until Sunday.
I got a PSP last week and regret to say I haven't been reading as many books, in fact I don't read at all, all of my time is consumed by a small hand held gaming system. Not cool, yet very cool. This will really come in handy as I go to all my doctors visits and when I'm in NYC to have something to entertain me while Mindy and I are on quarantine for 30 days or so.
Ok so now down to the transplant news. Friday of last week I found out that the 9 out of 10 matched donor is in fact a 8 out of 10 match due to some additional tests more specific ones that were performed, don't ask me how all this works or happened because I'm still not quite sure myself. This means that Sloan is looking for new donors and they have some potentials they requested to come in for additional tests but all of this is a complicated and timely process and will push back my transplant some. The decision as to which donor to use is made by my Doctor is NYC and if we go with the current 8 out of 10 donor we could start the transplant regime as early at June 9th. I have tests in NYC next Tuesday and Wednesday and I will see my Doctor then and we will discuss what our options are then and see where we are at with any of the new donors.
Yesterday Chris and Lori Harmes brought over dinner. Now this was no ordinary meal, Chris asked me a while ago about what I would like as a meal in an e-mail. I sent back an email with a few videos and pictures of the biggest pieces of meat on the internet. I even sent him a video of the movie "The Great Outdoors" with John Candy and Dan Aykroyd where they go into a restaurant and John orders the Ol' 96er. So back to last night, Chris and Lori hand me a large Tupperware container and inside is the largest piece of meat I have ever seen, a 4 inch thick 72 ounce piece of steak. This did pose a small challenge to my dad on the grill but the steak was no match. This baby fed Mindy, Michael, my dad, and me and there was still a good amount left over. We went through a whole bottle of A1.
For those of you who have me in your prayers thank you and please pray that I stay in remission (Leukemia free) until my transplant, whenever that may be, this is the most important thing that I remain in remission.
Psalm 20
The Lord answers you when you are in distress
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have an event set up for June 18th at Javateas from 4-8, it will be similar to the one done at Isaacs. There will be a benefit dinner and also music performances by Jimmy Polino from Fredrick, Maryland and Ephrata resident Ivan Swangren. Would you be able to post an ad for the event on the blog? Thanks and keep fighting!
-Mark Thompson
Post a Comment