Monday, June 2, 2008

Heading to the Big Apple...

Mindy and I arrived back in Ephrata late Sunday night. We had a really good time this weekend, just getting to relax at our apartment. We watched movies, went for a couple walks, and had a picnic indoors since the sun easily irritates my skin. Tomorrow we are off to New York for two days to have some preliminary tests done for my transplant. Please keep me in your prayers, as the next couple of weeks are going to be really important in my recovery process. Please pray that I remain in remission and that all my tests come back that there is no leukemia in my body. Please also pray that we get a great donor lined up for the transplant. Mindy and I are ready to move on to the next phase of my treatment. I pray everyday that there is no leukemia in my body and that we can move forward quickly. Thanks again for the support that keeps rolling in for Mindy, me, and my family.


" You are my rock and my fortress, for the honor of your name leads me out of this peril."
- Psalm 31:3



A friend of mine,Mark Thompson, has so generously put together a fundraiser at Javateas for me on June 18th from 4-8. There will be a benefit dinner ( similar to ISAAC'S) and then there will be music performances by Jimmy Polino from Fredrick, Maryland and Ephrata resident Ivan Swangren. I will post more information as I receive it. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys just wanted to touch base with you about the Javateas benefit...it will be similar to Isaaics...It is on June 18th, we are going to donate 15% of our sales between 4 and 8. Call in orders are an option and we will have live music and seating outside as well. Is there any other details I can get for you? Someone made some fliers for it for us to hang up around town and at Javateas...I can e-mail you one if it is helpful. Let me know what else you need from us. You can get in touch with me via e-mail at ashley@javateas.com