Sunday, February 8, 2009

Website Info... djdfighton.org

Hello! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I spent the weekend with Derrick's parents and we had a GREAT time. They came to Lewisburg for the ice festival, so we hung around the apartment for the weekend. The website isn't completely done yet, but I couldn't wait any longer to share it with everyone. There will be lots more pictures added, a comments section, pictures of the fight on gear, and upcoming evvents, but check out what I have so far at djdfighton.org In other news, I still have lots of Fight On merchandise for sale. It is my goal to have as many people as I can wearing Derrick's logo as a reminder to everyone about how amazing he was!!!!! I called West Virgina last week to get their count for the number of ducks, but haven't heard back yet. We might have enough to cover that state already too!!!! Also, in other news I just signed up to run my first marathon. It is to raise funds for leukemia research. It is 26.2 miles long and is in San Diego California. Based on the fact that I've only got up to 5 miles so far on the treadmill, I have a lot of training to do! I will keep you all posted on how it's going!

No eye has seen, nor ear has heard , no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.

- 1 Corinthians 2:9

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mindy,
It's so great to see all the wonderful things you are doing in your life. You are and continue to be an inspiration and my life and I am sure many others. Ken said it was so good to see you last week and it made me miss you more!!!! Keep up the good work and I hope to see ya soon!! The Summers'

Anonymous said...

hellooooooo mindy,
your fight on website is AWESOME. but we shouldn't be surprised!!! you never cease to amaze us. thanks for sending all our stuff with j and dd. donna said that they had a wonderful weekend with you. that ice festival sounds really COOL. no pun intended:) we are loving wearing our fight on apparel and will tell people where to get there own!! good luck with your training, WOW!!! will you need sponsorts when the time comes?? that will be great to do it in san diego. that is such a B E A utiful place with gorgeous weather. always a nice breeze so on that 25th or 26th mile you won't be too HOT!!!! have an amazing week. love ya, mike and nancy

Anonymous said...

mindy you are such an inspiration to all of us....
i wish you luck with your training i know you will do well
love molly

Beverly said...

You're just awesome! I can't wait to get us some of the Fight On shirts! Proud of you as always. Aunt Bev