Today we went to Hershey to have a follow-up appointment with my doctor. The results from my last bone marrow biopsy showed that I am currently in complete remission. My blood work all came back good and I am really starting to feel like myself again. I think today was the first day where I felt like I got my old appetite back. We are still searching for a match for my bone marrow. The coordinator said that there might be one person who is a match, but it will take further testing to know for sure. So in the meantime, I will be starting chemo again to try to keep the leukemia in remission while we wait for a bone marrow match. I will be starting chemo again either at the end of next week or the beginning of the following week. Tomorrow, my really good friend from college, Michael is coming for a visit and I am really looking forward to catching up with him. Also, tomorrow Marcy is getting her knee operated on to repair a torn meniscus, so please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Thanks again for everyone's support.
Derrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Finally someone has good news! Keep up the fight and let dad or I know if you need anything...I'm thinking you better cash in on that corvette ride soon!
Great news!!! Thank God for answered prayers.
The Highfield Family
Glad to hear that you are feeling better Derrick!! Keep it up!
Give Marcy a BIG Get Well from the Burgh for us and tell the whole Fam "Hi"
Our thoughts and prayers from the Burgh.
Sean and Andrew
Hi Derrick!
It was so nice to talk to you last night. It sounds like your doing much better. Michael said he had a great time and wished he could have spent more time with you. I hear you and Mindy just celebrated your 4th year anniversary! Congratulations! I was talking to my friend AnnMarie, and she said she found pictures of you burying Ally on the beach last summer. She said she will email them to you. Keep on fighting and we can't wait for you to come down the shore with us this summer!
Love, Mrs. Winn
I was so glad to hear about your good news, D! Have a great week!!
Hey Derrick,
You are an amazing man and inspiration to many. I pray for you daily and am thankful that you've gotten some good news-will continue to pray for the donor to be found. Thanks for sharing about Benny-you are special. Love to you, Mindy and your whole family
Lisa Shirk
Post a Comment