It is so difficult to express my appreciation and gratitude for everyone's support. My mom came home from the Elizabethtown drive, and I was overwhelmed by the turnout of family, friends, those we haven't seen in awhile, and supporters. Between the drive in Hershey and Elizabethtown, I think many more people on the donor list, will be able to find a life saving match. Just saying thank you doesn't seem enough, but I will say it anyway, " Thank you from the bottom of my heart".
I am still feeling good. I got the news today that I am officially neutropenic, meaning my immune system is depleted. Hopefully, that won't last long, since I started a shot today to help recoup my system. Until then, I will be playing it low key and just hanging around the house. Mindy's aunt sent me a PS2, so I have been occupied by that. When I am not playing PS2 I am busy beating Mindy at board games, if you ask her she will tell you I cheat. We also started reading a book that we got as a gift called The Purpose Driven Life. We read this each night along with a book called What Did I Learn from God Today. Taking the time out to read these books has really made me feel stronger in my faith, and I am really learning a lot. When my immune system builds back up I look forward to talking/ visiting with those of you still in the area.
Please continue your prayers, I can feel them working!!!
Derrick
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Derrick,
The thank you should be your families. I think the largest donor drive ever is a testimony to your family and all the lifes you have touched over the years. Each one of you (Mindy also), are very special in many ways. Most of those people where inspired to be there because they have been touched by your family. If a life is saved, your strong faith and fight you have shown over the past 2 months is directly apprecaited by many we may never know. Keep strong, pray often and sit back and watch God's wonderful love at work. I love you Derrick!!!!!
Julie
Derrick and Mindy
Yes the Purpose driven Life book is awesome. It is one of my favorite books. Steve and I did it in our small groups at church.God does have a purpose and plan for each day , minute , hour of our lives. It is up to us to find that purpose.
Luv always Aunt Julie
You are in our thoughts and prayers.
derrick,
it was sooo awesome to see so many people from ephrata at the donor drive last night, and i pray that your immune system becomes stronger sooon!
Molly
Derrick,
Congrats buddy!!! I wish you and Mindy all the best and I know how much you two love each other. I hope you keep getting better thoughout this process and it'd be nice to see you over the video conference again. We all appreciated that and it was good to see your face for the quick second (we got everything fixed so we might be able to see you for a little longer next time). Well I just wanted to send you my best along with all the rest of the office and hope to see you soon. Get Better buddy!!!!! UNC->Champs
Ryan Schwotzer
Derrick,
Congrats buddy!!! I wish you and Mindy all the best and I know how much you two love each other. I hope you keep getting better thoughout this process and it'd be nice to see you over the video conference again. We all appreciated that and it was good to see your face for the quick second (we got everything fixed so we might be able to see you for a little longer next time). Well I just wanted to send you my best along with all the rest of the office and hope to see you soon. Get Better buddy!!!!! UNC->Champs
Ryan Schwotzer
may i suggest that you purchase guitar hero 3 for your PS2 because it is absolutely amazing!
just a suggestion :D :D
D J D U L L Y!,
Just wanted to wish you and our Tar Heels best of luck tonight bro! Keep on fightin just like our boys, keep in touch as always! We are keeping you in our thoughts and prayers everyday. One love my man.
Scott and Rozalyn
Post a Comment