Sunday, August 24, 2008

Day +31 & 32

Saturday my dad and mom came up in the afternoon and hung out and then we all had shepard's pie for dinner, which was great, I still can't taste 100% but I would say I'm well on my way to like 50% I can kinda taste some things here and there. Mindy and I watched Definitely Maybe last night, it was a good movie. Today my mom and dad are coming to visit a little before they make the trip back. We are all still praising God for the great news we got on Friday that there was no sign of the chromosomal abnormality that originally was the cause of my leukemia. Mindy and I are going to have to find something else to occupy our time now that the Olympics are over tonight, that goodness football starts soon, although I don't know if we will be able to watch our Eagles or our Nittny Lions from NYC.

"God gives us the faith to righteousness, no matter how dark and uncertain are the skies of today. We pray for the bifocals of faith-that see the despair and the need of the hour but also see, further on, the patience of our God working out his plan in the world he has made."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

dear derrick and mindy,
so glad that things are going so well! yum!! i love shepherd's pie.
can you guys watch any dvd's that you want?? do you have a place to go and get your movies at hope lodge? did you know that mollie and jd got married on sat? we saw lots of your classmates,derrick. they will be on their way to st. lucia tomorrow for their honeymoon!! bet you two are looking forward to your big day. have you talked about where you want to go for your honeymoon?? bet the food will taste awesome then. hope you have a great week. take care and keep on your super pace of getting better!! love ya, mike and nancy

LENNY Harding said...

Derrick and Mindy,
Good news all the way around. Prayer is a great thing. "FIGHT ON" indeed. Speaking of which, you might want to amend your last posting to include you wondering if you will be able to watch USC this weekend. Mindy, I just spoke to Santa and he said a package from the west coast will be arriving this week with something for you in it. We all know how wonderful you have been through all of this.
Fight On,
Lenny