Friday, August 1, 2008

Day +9

So today I woke with one of my doctors giving me some amazing news. WBC 1.0 today ANC or my neutraphils .3 This was the best morning I can remember having for a long long time. The only stinky part is that my tongue and throat both really hurt again today. I still have no voice so no talking to anyone, which can get frustrating at times, like when calling my nurses into my room when I need something or even when ordering food from the room service, but we all know thanks to God I have a very special person right here with me all the time who takes care of everything like that for me.
We are having some technical difficulties with the blog and I can't see the past 2 days post but I can post which is still good. I would ask that anyone who has any comments leave them on Day +7 so I can read them and I will let everyone know when this bug has been worked out.
My tongue is really what is most sore and bothers me the most right now. I have two long sores that run down both sides right were your tongue hits your teeth. I have been rinsing with this cocktail call Sodium Bicarb which has been helping a lot. Hopefully with my counts recovering today I won't have to deal with this inconveniece too much longer. All my docs and nurses say that your GI track and your mouth are the first places your white cells will go as they come back and I should notice a drastic change very soon. Which I'm hoping for. All my cultures that were taken from my fever the other night have come back negative which is another great thing and I haven't run a fever since that day when I ran two pretty close together. Its weird to look at myself in the mirror now because of all the weird little things that the TBI and the Chemo do to your body. I have like dark spots on my sides from the TBI and my hair is all gone, but I do have like 28 facial hairs which have decided to hang around and get real long and disgusting. And just the way your body looks after you drop like 30 pounds, I can only imagine what Jarad must of thought didn't he loose like 160 pounds or something ridiculas like that.
Thanks to all my prayer warriors out there today was definitely a day blessed by God in my life and I will never forget it. The sign of engraftment is when you have 3 consecutive days which ANC of .5 or above. Today I was at .3 so i didn't make my first day, but hopefully tomorrow will start day one of that countdown. I am still really itchy in the groin area from the TBI.

God is my strength, my power, and my source, for everlasting life. ( I made this up on my own)

No comments: