I got my preliminary results back yesterday from my doctor and everything looks good. We should know whether I am still 100% donor or not in a week or two and also the cytogenetics, if there are any of the abnormal chromosome from before. On Wednesday night Mindy and I went to a black tie affair in NYC for a fundraiser for the American Cancer Society at the Pierre hotel. I gave a speech and we had a blast. I opened my speech up by saying I was a Phillies fan because the gentlemen who introduced me said we were from PA but he wasn't sure if I was a Phillies fan or not. After my speech as I was walking off the podium a gentleman approched me with his business card outstreatched in his hand and repeated the following "you call me tomorrow and you got yourself 2 world series tickets." So to make a long story short Mindy and I are going to game 4 in Philly on Sunday. I am speaking tomorrow at another ACS event in Valley Forge. Keep praying for good results on my bone marrow and go PSU tomorrow night and Lets go Phillies!!!!!
God bless,
Derrick
8 comments:
God Bless you Derrick and Mindy. Tears of joy are flowing for you both and your families. You have touched each and everyone of us in so many ways. You are both beautiful people inside and out and are truly an inspiration to all that you touch. Keep spreading the word of God's love and strength, for you have truly been an inspiration to Him. Much love, Chris and Lori
awww. look at those hotties! that's so neat you were the speaker, and even cooler that you got 2 world series tickets. congrats derrick. i'm so happy to hear you're doing better. keep it up. and mindy, i hope you're doing well, too. miss you both!
love, nicole
You both continue to amaze me. love, Reg
hello derrick and mindy,
man do you two ever look AWESOME!!!! we wish that we could have heard your speech, derrick! guess this is what that pastor said about you are going to do something BIG, what could be bigger than you telling your story and sharing with others your faith and how truly faithful God is to us. what an amazing plan God has for you both. you will reach and touch so many people!!!! God is certainly going to use you both in very BIG, Big ways!! we will watch for you two on TV tomorrow, be sure to wave to all us derrick and mindy fans!!! have a wonderful time AND GO PHILLIES!!! love you, mike, nancy, and family
WOW! You both are truly an amazing couple. You continue to inspire me in ways you will never know. WOW!
Love, The Hagey's
hey dj and min,
we are waiting to hear about your time @ game 4!!! what a super game. please give us some details!!!love ya, m,n, and fam
You guys looked AMAZING! (Mindy I loved that dress!!) That is awesome that you got tickets....too bad it was rained out, you deserve something like that more than anyone I know. I think it's really awesome you are speaking at places like that, and as many people said before, you really are a true inspiration, and I couldn't be happier for the both of you.
Take care!
<3 Pam
Hi Derrick and Mindy, So glad you have the blog to keep us posted on your journey. You and Mindy are such great role models for everyone dealing with big and little stuff in life. Take care, enjoy the Phillies, keep smiling, you both look great and healthy! Peace, Jody
Post a Comment