Monday, April 21, 2008

Weekend & Monday

Mindy and I got the opportunity to go to our apt. this weekend because my blood counts finally recovered. We got there late Friday night and just bummed out, had pizza and watched the movie "With Honors". Saturday we hung out with some friends during the day and had some hometown Freeze ice cream. Saturday night we went to Mindy's sister's house and watched the Georges Saint Pierre vs Serra UFC fight. Not much of a contest as GSP dominated the first round and in the second the ref was forced to stop the fight.

Today "Monday" Mindy my Dad and I went to Hershey. I had a CT scan of my chest to check on how my pneumonia is progressing, it is mostly gone. Then we had a consult with Dr. Claxton my attending physician. I had some bumps on my arm that I had biopsied last week and we are still waiting for the results. I have to go to Hershey next Monday to have a spinal tap procedure where they draw out some fluid from my spinal cord and also put some chemo in as well. Now according to Dr. Claxton this is a very simple outpatient procedure, but if you ask me anything involving my spinal cord shouldn't be regarded as simple. My Dad went to the Flyers game tonight only to watch them blow a 2-0 first period lead and give up 4 unanswered. Tomorrow game 7 should be a good one.

For all of you who keep me in your thoughts and prayers, please pray for the 10/10 match to come through, pray that the biopsy for the bumps on my arms comes back negative, and also that I remain in remission with no leukemic cells in my body.

I look forward to seeing all of you who plan on attending the Issac's nights next week at both the Ephrata and Lititz locations. For anyone interested who hasn't yet received the flyer you need to just send me and e-mail and I will get you one. derrickdull@gmail.com

Don't forget to check out all the goodies on the Gertrude Hawk fundraiser website Nick has set up. Click Here

Joshua 1:9
Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.

John 11:4
This sickness will not end in death. No, it is for God's glory so that God's Son may be glorified through it.

-Derrick

2 comments:

Michelle Vanderven said...

Hi Derrick and Mindy (and family)
You don't know who I am but I have been praying for you. I really hope that you stay in remission and that your bioposy comes back negative. I got your blog from Abigail Jacobys as I have been on there for a while. I hope that all is well with you.. and btw ... congrats on the engagement.. May God bless you both in the life ahead.

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see ya at Issac's next week buddy! I'll be going to both, so I'm sure I will run into ya.

Joshua 1:9 Could not be a more perfect thing for you to write...you are amazingly strong for keeping your head up so high, not many people could be as positive as you. I'm still praying for your remission and negative biposy results...see ya soon Derrick.

<3 Pam