Today was my 23 rd birthday and I got the best birthday gift ever! My doctor from Sloan Kettering called today to tell me that there was NO trace of leukemia in my bone marrow! My prayers were answered. Now we just need to focus on my lungs getting better so we can proceed with the transplant and the donor to be lined up. We should find out Monday whether or not this new match pans out.
Other than my great news I had a great day visiting with family and friends. I was excited to see Bobby and Kendra who I haven't seen in awhile. They brought me a delicious ice cream cake which I shared with the guys later on in the evening. My mom cooked my favorite dinner and then my family came over for cake. You can never have too much ice cream cake!
Tomorrow Mindy and I are heading up to our apartment to relax and enjoy the quietness of our little town to prepare us for busy New York City. I have a follow up CT scan on Monday of my lungs so please pray that the pneumonia is gone. Please also pray that I stay in remission and I get a great donor lined up! I hope everyone enjoys their weekend!
Your heavenly father already knows all your needs, and he will give you all you need from day to day if you live for him and make the Kingdom of God your primary concern. So don't worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is enough for today.
Matthew 6:32- 34
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awesome news and Happy belated Birthday. We will continue to pray and thank God for the answered prayers
Love, The Highfield Family
We continue to keep you in our prayers! That is awesome that you are leukemia FREE! We will continue to pray that the Lord send you the BEST match possible. Jen and Josh
Excellent news, Derrick!!!!!!!!! Just wonderful!!!
Continuing to wish you renewed health and best wishes,
Duane
Post a Comment