Saturday, August 30, 2008

Day +38

College football day........whooo hooo. So needless to say I spent most of my day in front of the TV. Notable efforts on the day go to Penn St putting up 66 points, Eastern Carolina for upsetting VT, USC looking great. I am looking forward to Alabama vs Clemson tonight, should be a great game. For anyone who has me on any prayer chains at their church I would ask that you please pray that my white blood cells stabilize and come up on their own for my meeting on Tuesday. Ironically the other day when I said I was yet to try water, Mindy comes back from the grocery store with a fiji water for me, And......I drank it. I couldn't taste anything really but at least it didn't taste bad, and it still quenched my thirst. So i'm totally pumped about that, just being able to drink water will save us some cash too because all I was drinking were flavored drinks which are much more expensive than water. Tonight Mindy is making one of our favorite meals, chicken divine, it consists of chicken, broccolli, corn flakes, and a great sauce in a casserole dish, umm yummy. I saw the Phillies won today against the cubs, I really hope they can sustain for the rest of the season and make the playoffs. I hope this blog doesn't turn into a sports blog, but I can't promise anything. The hope lodge is great, I spend basically all my time in my room, because I'm not allowed out, so I hang out in my room and make trips down the hall to the community kitchen to have my meals, but sometimes I eat in my room because I'm not supposed to be around other people and some people here are sick and I have to stear clear of them. I had peanut butter cap'n crunch for breakfast this morning, I haven't had that cereal in a long time and I forgot how awesome it is. Last night for dinner Mindy got me Lloyds pulled pork, now normally the entire container would have been gone last night, but I wasn't able to taste it too much, which I was totally bummed about, because anyone who knows me knows how much I like pulled pork or anything that comes from that delicious animal. My hands really peeled, I think I mentioned that in a previous blog and now my feet are peeling.

I still am not growning hair anywhere, I'm not sure how long that will take. Thanks to all who are reading my blog and staying up to date with our fight.

God is good and God is great!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like your day was busy! I hope dinner was good and I have you in my daily prayers and I have to explain the livestrong bracelet to everyone! Have a great Sunday and enjoy all the sporting events you can today.

Ranae

Anonymous said...

hello derrick and mindy,
thanks for always keeping us updated!!we continue to pray for you and your white blood cells. we are also checking a caring bridge website which is like your blog. a friend of ours from church, mary elaine rutter, had a brain tumor removed the other week. she is doing well considering what she has been through. so needless to say you two are definitely keeping us busy with prayers, comments, and just checking up on you both. we are glad that you are able to start drinking water!!!keep hanging tough you two. you are so much of an inspiration to so many people!!have a fun labor day whatever you play, watch, or do together!! you are coming down the home stretch!! love you, mike and nancy