Friday, November 7, 2008

Day +106

My spinal tap on Tuesday went well, I was planning or I should say anticipating getting sick from it but thankfully I didn't, which was obviously very cool. I picked up a prescription for oxycodone on Tuesday because I am having more pain now in my leg behind my knee and in my foot. I had my MRI today but I probably won't have any of the results until Tuesday when we meet with Dr. Bollin an orthopedic surgeon. We are just praying that the tumor is not cancerous and can be removed.
Mindy and I are finding ourselves bored here at the Hope Lodge, I mean don't get us wrong, we are truly grateful but after being back home for a few days it's hard to come back to NYC and be in a room where we don't have anything. I don't eat as well when we are here either, I attribute that to the fact that I have to mask and glove up to walk down to the kitchen to make anything. As opposed to our apartment where I can just get up and walk into the kitchen, not to mention we have the cupboards stuffed with food and here it's just a day to day kinda thing. Today I had oatmeal for breakfast, skipped lunch because of my MRI which we were gone from 2 till 6. Then I had a digourno pizza for dinner, then a little snack of lucky charms.
We are going to be here at the Hope Lodge for a few more days now, I have my meeting on Tuesday and pending the results of my MRI and what the doctor wants to do I may have surgery sometime shortly after that, so at this point we are just hoping to be home by Thanksgiving so we can both chow down on some of our mama and memaw's famous home cooking.
I had two more finger nails fall off today, they really don't bother me as much now that I keep band aids on them so they don't get caught on anything. More and more hair is starting to grow on my head and the more it comes in the more I am starting to think my best days as a blonde could be gone. That really is the least of my cares, God has given me a second chance at life and I am lucky enough to have any hair at all. (Right Dad)
I through up some random pics of Halloween, I was a doctor and Mindy was Pippy Longstocking. I also put up a picture of me along the highway on our drive back to the bus station on Monday when part of my car was dragging on the road, Mindy and I had a good long laugh, something about your first car though, I just can't see myself ever parting ways from her. (Yeah its a her and her name is betsy). There is one of my best friend Michael from the other weekend Mindy and I went to visit him before the Phillies game, he cracks me up, he just got this new tent for his upcoming hunting trip and was setting it up in the house.
Congratulations to Marcy and the Ohio Bobcats on winning their first game in the MAC tournament today 7-0, 3 of which were knocked in by my favorite sister.


Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see
Herbrews 11:1

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

keep fighting D, and trust me dark hair isn't such a bad thing. always praying for you stay strong brother!


Ryan C

Anonymous said...

hello derrick and mindy,
thanks for the update and the cute pictures. i was a safari guide for halloween at work and at home giving out candy. it was fun. sometimes we forget how much fun the simple things are but i believe you two have helped alot of us learn to appreciate the small things and not take anything for granted!!! well derrick we think you will look good tall, dark, and handsome instead of tall, blonde, and handsome. hope mindy likes brunettes!! we will continue to pray for an uneventful removal of the tumor behind your knee. plus we will pray that you have an awesome thanksgiving at home with your family and all that good or should we say great home cooking!!!hang in there and KEEP THE FAITH!! hope you two remembered to brush your teeth alot after all that trick or treat candy!! love you, the sensenig's P.S. WAY TO GO MARCY!!!!!!!!