Monday, November 3, 2008

Day +103

Back in NYC. Today we went to the hospital to have labs drawn, I didn't get the results back today though. Tomorrow I have a spinal tap, which I'm not looking forward to, last time I was sick the whole next day. My leg is still bothering me, it is the worst at night, we keep praying that it is nothing major. I have an MRI on Thursday and then I am seeing an orthopedic surgeon next Tuesday. It's looking like we will be in NYC for at least 2 and a half more weeks, now we are just hoping to be home by Thanksgiving. We are looking on the bright side, not only are we so thankful that we are here and that the Lord has blessed us and seen us through many deep waters, but at least this way were will be in one place for some time instead of running around all the time. My first two fingernails fell off this past weekend, and now I have nice new nails. I can't believe the BCS this week, PSU #3 I mean come on, this team has National Championship written all over it.

Please keep my in your prayers and pray that the tumor in my leg is nothing serious and everything goes well tomorrow with my spinal tap. Also please take time to give praise to the Lord for all that he has done and provided not only in my life but in yours. A lot of time we turn to the Lord and ask for prayer during tough times, but we need to remember all that we have to be thankful for, from living in this wonderful nation, to our health.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 100th day! And, many more to come. God is Good. Much Love, the Harmes'

Anonymous said...

hello derrick and mindy,
YOU are in our prayers!!!! keep the faith! God loves you and we do too!! m,n, and family

Anonymous said...

Derrick and Mindy,
We are praying for you everyday that your leg will be alright and we will also pray that your spinal tap goes well. You have been through more than any couple I know and your strength just seems to continue to grow. Your faith in God inspires us all. Love and prayers,
Summers'

Anonymous said...

Derrick and Mindy,
Our thoughts and our prayers are with you both and your families. You are two of the strongest and most determined individuals I know.
Love Always,
Lisa Pease and Family