Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day +42

Today was really nice here in NYC so this afternoon Mindy and I went down to the 6th floor balcony and I did some small laps back and forth, it was a nice little work out and a good change of scenery for both of us. There was a Wii tennis tournament tonight, which didn't amount to too many people showing up, but we did have people to play with, none of which were a match for Mindy and I. Other than that nothing really out of the norm here for us. NFL starts tomorrow so I guess I'll start watching that, see if the Eagles can put it together this year. Please continue to pray that my white cells are up from 2.5 on Friday when I go back to the hospital. Thank you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fight on!!! You are always in our prayers. There is not a day that goes by that we do not chat about you and Mindy and wonder how you are feeling that day. Continue to heal and get stronger each day. Your WB cells will go up!! And, by the way....let's root for those Hokies! Love, Chris and Lori

Anonymous said...

hey derrick and mindy,
how are you guys?? can you believe that it is 40 some days already? you two will be back home before you know it. how are those white blood cells doing...going UP,UP,UP i imagine!!! we were planning to go for a bike ride tomorrow but we may be rained out. oh well, we definitely could use the rain. did you play anybody in the wii lately. i bet there is not anyone there that could beat you two!! how's marcy's field hockey going? i bet she misses seeing you both. well we are heading to bed soon so have a great weekend and remember to keep the faith!!! there is LIGHT at the end of the tunnel!! love you, mike, nancy, and family