Saturday, September 27, 2008

Day +66



Hello! Hope you all our having a great weekend! So we had casino night the other night, and let's just say I hustled all the other unsuspecting players. Just kidding. But anyway, I did play Texas Hold' Em and was the big winner! As a prize I was given Guitar Hero! Mindy and I have been playing that a lot lately. My appetite seems to be getting a little better again. I made some brownies the other night, and I am just finishing the pan right now. I also have been eating a lot of Ramen noodles lately. Tomorrow, Mindy is making cheesy potato soup which will go perfect with football. In a little bit we are going to watch the Penn State game! My Ma Ma and Pa Pa came this week to visit. It was really nice to see them! They brought Mindy a blanket that they made for her. It is really nice, in fact she hasn't gotten to use it because I have been using it.


On the medical front, nothing really new. Next week is going to be pretty busy with some procedures. I have to get this breathing treatment to prevent pneumonia and a spinal tap (not really looking forward to that one). I am also getting a follow up CT scan of my lungs to see if the nodes are gone. If they are then hopefully my doctor will discontinue one of the medications that I am on. My hair is starting to come back, especially on my face. It looks a little darker than before, so maybe now I will be a brunette. I call myself spaghetti head, because I think my hair is going to come back all stringy.

Thanks again for all your prayers, cards, and well wishes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello derrick and mindy,
you two look pretty good playing guitar!! we are watching the penn state game as well as the georgia game. poor georgia, but go penn state. cheesy potatoe soup sounds pretty yummy!!! is it raining up there in the big apple. we have had lots and lots of rain here today. everything sure is green, though which is good. glad to hear that your eating and tasting better. we will pray for all your procedures to go well and hopefully no headaches. did you see that earlier blog and what that girl did to not get headaches?? remember that God loves you and we do too!!! hugs and kisses, mike and nancy and family

Anonymous said...

hey guys. just wanted to stop in and say hi. still praying for you everyday and hoping things continue to get better

Anonymous said...

Hi Derrick and Mindy~

You will be in our daily thoughts and prayers this week as you move through all your tests and procedures!! Hope you are enjoying all the college and pro games this weekend. Keep on fighting on!!! Much love, Lori and Chris

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note that you continue to be in our prayers. I'm sure your hair will grow in great. Everyone I know that lost their hair, it grew back nicer then what they had before. I know your tests will go good, with God holding your hand through them all. Thanks for being such an inspiration and a witness through all of this. big hugs-the burridge's

Anonymous said...

Derrick and Mindy: We are always thinking and praying for you.

Love, The Hagey's

Anonymous said...

Derrick & Mindy,

I wish I could believe what the Burridge's said. I'm waiting for my hair to grow back nicer than what I had before (Craig, not Michele or Nicole). You will be home and married before that happens.

Seriously, we are thinking about you every day and pray all goes well with your upcoming tests. We look forward to reading how you are progressing everyday.

The Morrissey's