Hi! Donna here, just wanted to update everyone on Derrick's current status. Before I do that, I just want to share with you all how truly awesome our day was yesterday, November 17, the day my son married his angel on earth. The ceremony and reception were held at Shade Mountain Winery in Middleberg and went off almost without a hitch (other than the florist going to the wrong place) everything was perfect. This was amazing considering that Derrick and Mindy only decided on Wed. that they wanted to be married on Monday. Thanks to the hard and selfless work of Barb and Michelle (Mindy's mom and sister) and Mindy's friend, Casie (sorry if I spelled that incorrectly) the wedding fulfilled Mindy's dreams and everyone present felt like they were part of a very special love story that culminated in the marriage of two people who have lived the term "true love". Thank you Derrick and Mindy for allowing all of us to share your "special day" with you.
Today, Derrick and Mindy and Jim headed back to NYC to find out what the next steps will be in Derrick's treatment. When they arrived at MSK, Derrick had his blood taken, had some CAT scans, and a breathing treatment. The results of his blood tests indicated that Derrick's white blood count was extremely high and he needed to be admitted to the hospital and begin treatment immediately to try to get that count down. His doctor starting giving him fluids which should help bring the count down and also started him on a new chemotherapy drug which they're hoping will work to kill the leukemia cells. The doctor told him that he will most likely be in the hospital for the next 4 weeks or so. Please continue to keep all of us in your prayers as this is a very critical time for Derrick.
God will never let you sink under your circumstances. He always provides a safety net, and His love always encircles. - Barbara Jackson
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Post pics of the big day. I know i probably speak for alot of others in saying we are excited to see them
Derrick & Mindy- It was such a privilege to be there as you celebrated you life together. I'll look forward to attending your next BIG celebration...the day you come home cancer free!!!
Congratulations.
Love,
BIGGIE
"I wish you sunshine on your path and storms to season your journey. I wish you peace-in the world in which you live and in the smallest corner of the heart where truth is kept. I wish you faith-to help you define your living and your life. More I cannot wish you-except perhaps LOVE-to make all the rest worthwhile."
Author: Robert A. Ward
So incredibly happy for you both.
Congratulations!
Always in my thoughts and prayers.
With love,
Mandy
Derrick and Mindy... Glad to hear that all was well with your wedding. I agree with Tara.. post pics so we can see your big day!
You are in our daily prayers that you get well soon and that you can walk home cancer free soon.
Post a Comment