Everything has come together for me to start my transplant process on Monday. I will be admitted Monday morning and have my triple lumen catheter put in my chest. I will have 4 days of TBI (total body irradiation) then 4 days of chemotherapy, a day off, and then I will have the stem cells from my donor injected into my blood stream. So please keep me in your prayers over the next few weeks as they will prove critical in my recovery.
Today I had another apt. at Sloan. Then came back and took a nap and then Mindy and I went to brgr for a burger and a shake. It was one of the best burgers I've ever had and they were voted best burgers in NYC so I definitely recommend going there to anyone who is in NY it's on 7th ave and 25th st. I heard today there was a great turnout at the 5k run. A big thanks to all who showed up to run/walk and just participate in the event.
Mindy or I will try to get a blog post up everyday I am in the hospital to let everyone know whats going on.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
The Harker family has been following your journey from the beginning. We admire your courage and your strong faith that seems to be carrying you and your family through this ordeal. You will continue to be in our thoughts and prayers.
Bob and Gail Harker
Derrick,
We are thinking about you and pray that all goes well in the coming weeks. My legs still hurt from the walk so I guess I am not in as good of shape as I thought I was. Julie's dog even finished before me but had a prettier oufit on than I did.
Craig Morrissey & family
Hi D & M!
Glad to hear everything is moving forward! Am keeping you guys in thoughts and prayers. I'll be in NYC on 7/22 and would love to try to see you. Your Mom has my cell so hopefully we'll hook up at some point if it's possible. FIGHT ON!
love,
Lainey
Post a Comment