I was discharged from the hospital today in the afternoon and arrived home in Ephrata around 4pm. I got to check out this site for the first time other than just reading the posts my parents would print out for me to read and I must say "what amazing friends and family I have." All of your support and prayers have already worked miracles with helping me overcome my first round of chemotherapy.
I feel great and I am in very high spirits. It's very difficult to feel the way I do and yet know that your body has a very serious disease. I am watching Jurassic Park right now on AMC which has turned into my favorite tv channel ever!!!
I have read the posts from friends whom I haven't talked to in ages and it is great to hear from you all. We should keep in touch more and not wait until such an event happens to all reconnect. I miss all you guys and I can't wait to see those of you still in the area. Due to a weak immune system during this process I will be unable to have many visitors in the next week. After that we will again reevaluate my immune system and potentially the next week I could have visitors. Thank you all again for all of your gifts, cards, prayers, thoughts, texts, emails, blog responses, visits and if I left something out I apologize but all are greatly appreciated.
---Derrick
10 comments:
Love the new picture! Thinking of you and hoping to be able to visit soon. Oh and I was thinking, when you kick this we should have a get together at your house in the summer like old times!! I miss those times. Love you!!
RANDOM THOUGHTS FROM THE H-DAWG
ryan crow has learned to use spell check
nic O still cannot spell his last name
rock looks good (with a mask)
Jd ain't no hulk
cancer sucks
attitude is everything
mindy looks like your keeper, derrick
family and friends are the best
there is no place like home
FIGHT ON!!!!!
Hey Derrick-
We're so glad to hear that you are finally back home and that you are doing well. Take it easy over the next week. We can't wait to come visit you again when you are feeling a little better. You have been, and will continue to be in our prayers every day. See you soon!
Tim and Erin
Derrick: There's no place like home and Welcome Home. We also check your blog daily and are happy you are doing well. Keep smiling, loving, praying, enjoying, resting and keep getting healthier! You, your mom and dad, Marcy and Mindy have deeply touched our lives in a way that is hard to explain. Looking forward to a visit soon. Livstrong.
Love, The Hagey family.
Derrick,
Long time- no see.
We are glad to hear you are home now, in good spirits, and progressing well. Hang in there, Everyone is thinking about you!!!
:) -kari and brett.
so glad to hear you're home and feeling well. you and your family are in my thoughts constantly. your spirit is inspiring! hope to get to see you when you're all rested up. stay strong derrick, you got a lot of living left to do!
~ellen
Derrick,
Once this is over and it's a nice day, it's your turn to drive the corvette.
Bowie
So glad your home and doing so well! You are absolutely right...that an event like this shouldn't be the only reason for old friends to keep in touch...so when you finally recover from all this, I definitely want to see you! We should get some kinda high school reunion thing going on haha, b/c lots and lots of people want to see you. You look awesome in your new picture, and it IS hard to tell that you are fighting something as bad as this...but your good spirits are gonna get you through it all <3
Hey Derrick. I'm glad to hear that you are home. I remember all the times me and pike used to walk from my house to yours to play tag, go swimming, or do whatever else came to mind. We used to have so much fun hanging out at their. I agree with you and Pam and everybody else, it's sad that something like this has to happen for everybody to stay in touch. We all grew up together and have so many memories with each other and should be making many more memories as life goes on. Stay strong and build yourself up. Everybody is waiting to come and visit you. Have a good night!!
Hey, it's Zach Funk. Mom sent me this site and I'm glad to see you're out of the hospital.
Post a Comment