Thursday was an ok day for Derrick. He woke up feeling pretty good, with a lower fever, an appetite and some energy. As the day went on his fever began to rise and he started to feel crappy again. In the evening he was feeling better because his temp had lowered somewhat and he was able to get up and do some laps in his room (yes I said in his room). Picture Derrick holding on to his IV pole and walking forward and backward in a space about 20 feet long. He did this for about 20 mins. or so and was quite pleased with his accomplishment.
Even though they spent Valentine's Day in the hospital Derrick and Mindy made the best of it. Their love for each other and their faith in God are amazing.
Today is going to be a big day for Derrick. He will be finding out the results of his bone marrow biopsy that was taken on Wed. If no leukemia cells were found, he will begin a recovery treatment where they give him a drug to build his blood back up. If there are still some leukemia cells present, then he will go through another round of chemotherapy the same as he just completed last Friday. Obviously we are hoping for the first option, but we know if it comes back that he needs more chemotherapy, he is up for the challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
I'm happy to hear that he was up and moving around a bit last night! I wish you the best for the results today. I'll pass the news along to dad to keep him in the loop. He tries to call the house every day to see how ya'll are doing...I think he tried at least four times last night. He's becoming more computer literate, but the whole checking a website is out of his grasp at the moment, but he is thinking about ya'll and asks for updates as soon as I walk in the door. My last fortune cookie said "pray for what you want work for what you need" Derrick all of us are praying for your recovering and you're working for it! I'll see ya'll soon
Derrick,
I know that even if they find more leukemia cells you will have the strength to fight this, i have so much faith in you, and there are soo many people that are backing you up in your faith, and most importantly GOD, he is always there and i know your faith in him will not faulter through this..you are an extremely stong person and i wish you the best of luck... hopefully so my mom and i will be able to come visit you...
Love ya
P.S.
and remember with good all things are possible
i meant GOD not good haha
i meant GOD not good haha
Good luck today Derrick...obviously I am praying that there are no more leukemia cells...but even if there is, I know it’s a battle you can win. Sorry to hear about you having to spend Valentine’s Day in the hospital, but all that matters is that you had Mindy by your side! You both are in my thoughts constantly.
peakacki13@yahoo.com
Love you dude!!! Praying for you and your family! Keep fighting! <3
"Double D"
It's definitely been a while since we've spoken but I just wanted to let you know that you have been in me & my family's thoughts and prayers since we heard the news. I'm sorry to hear that you are in Hershey, b/c we all know how I feel about that place, and because of your small set back! I know you are a tough and strong guy with a lot of fight & courage in you and you will beat this damn disease! Your support system and positive attitude will take you a long way. Sometimes God throws obstacles at us to see how we deal with them and if beaten we come out a stronger and better person. Take care & stay strong!
Linda Thompson
We continue to keep you in our prayers. God will continue to supply you with strength and all that you need. God bless and good to hear that you were able to get up and around! Jen and Josh
hey hey! laps in your room? thata boy. soon you'll be jumping off your roof and swimming laps in your pool. thinking of you all the time! keep kicking ass babe! you got this.
sending my love to you and your fam and mindy. you are all amazing.
<3
test
test
I gee whiz I'm sooooo computer stupid! I lit a candle for you at church tonight I know you and your fighting spirit and you will be fine. Keep on fighting!! JC
hey derrick,
i'm sorry to hear about your illness. if i know anything about you it's that your a strong individual and i know you can pull through. i want you to know that you're in my prayers every day. just keep up your faith and never give in. take care brother.
Lucas
lucasshawgo40@yahoo.com
Hey Deedle...so glad to hear you're making awesome progress. You have been, and continue to be, in my prayers daily...
“If children have the ability to ignore all odds and percentages, then maybe we can all learn from them. When you think about it, what other choice is there but to hope? We have two options, medically and emotionally: give up, or Fight Like Hell.” -Lance Armstrong
Keep fighting D...love ya
-Kel
Post a Comment