We got some good news yesterday about Derrick's bone marrow biopsy. The results came back that there were no leukemia cells present, which means the chemo worked and we can proceed to the next treatment stage. yipee!! As of last evening, Derrick began to receive a drug which will boost his immune system. Not quite sure at this time how long this stage will last, but at least he got there. He continues to run fevers and fight an infection, however, the antibiotics they are giving him are showing signs of attacking the infection and reducing the fevers.
Even though it was a good day for Derrick and our family, it was hard to be too happy because we received some very sad news about a friend who passed away on Thursday. Tim Bartholomew apparently had a heart attack after refereeing a high school playoff basketball game. Please keep the Bartholomew family and the Crills family in your thoughts and prayers at this time of great loss.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
I have been checking this all morning and am so excited for your good news. I will continue to pray for you and your family and also the family requested. Keep up the great attitude and faith.
Jodi Highfield & family
glad to hear the good news about the bone marrow test! Keep showing that fever who's boss and it sounds like your strength and will for fighting is proving itself. =]
always in my prayers... love you!
Christine
That is great news Derrick! Keep up the fight! We are praying for you everyday!
Casie & Matt
That is AMAZING news!! Praise God!! Keep that fight in you! Thinking of you constantly and your family! Love you, friend.
Dad told me first thing this morning and I'm so glad for good news! I'm telling you that as soon as your appetite is back, I'll be bringing food up every day!
So glad to hear the news. Like I told you ... YOU WILL BEAT THIS! Julie C
Awesome news Derrick!! Very happy to hear that...good luck with the next round of treatments and fighting off that fever...
To the Dulls: Although I am very excited for Derrick, I am sorry to hear about your loss. The family will also be included in my prayers.
Pam
Post a Comment